Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Scoop....

Hello friends!!!
Well geesh I can hardly believe it is already February 20th. It is amazing how time flies here. So much has been happening. In the last few weeks I have had to change language helpers (mine got a job..which are hard to come by so YAY), we lost our electricity and power for a few days (which by the way made me feel like I was finally really living in Africa yesssss), I learned to speak in lots of full sentences, and I discovered one of my partners will not be coming to the horn (she is getting married first and will possibly do work later with her husband..yay for them)....phew....So, needless to say things have been hectic, but this is Africa and that is part of why I love it so dearly. Language has been very tough yet nothing is as rewarding as speaking to my native horn friends in their own language. The smile on their face is assurance of HIS provisions over my learning. My new language helpers are amazing and have become good friends of mine. One of them is our house helper and another is a teenage girl. They both have been very helpful and I am asking the father to use me to speak truth into their lives. This week I will travel to my house helpers house to learn to make angera (the native dish that is normally ALL they get to eat in a day here). I am excited to be invited to be a part of her family and life. In all of Africa people just want your time...your relationship. It is a foreign concept to us in the West because we are such a fast paced society; however, here, spending 6 hours at one house visit is not at all out of the ordinary....it is quite the adjustment for us to just learn to be still but it has done so much for my time with the father to acquire this skill. When talking with the father please keep in mind:
1) My language helpers and hope for their desire to hear truth.
2) The friendships I am forming with locals and that I may always walk in light.
3) My ability to learn language effectively and use it to reach my friends.
4) All of my teammates here in the Horn and the work they are doing here.

I have missed each of you greatly. If you only knew how often you cross my mind and I lift up words on your behalf. Your e-mails are so encouraging and I can feel your thoughts to the father raised on my account. You are each so amazing and beautiful in the Father's eyes...never forget that. My love is with you!!! Thanks for dreaming this dream with me.....
One of my language helpers and I ......yeah we may have some fun once in awhile...ha ha


Did someone say "The shower bar is broken"...no worries I can surely fix it.....ha ha
Ahhh now this is my backyard basically.....love it

No comments: