
Today was a day of endings and beginnings. Today I said good-bye to a grandmother who has been supportive of me and my dreams since I was a child. Patsy Sorge is an amazing woman of faith who loved me unconditionally and believed in me always. It was only mere weeks ago I said good-bye to my other grandmother. The loss of both of these women was more than painful. But my hope comes from the comfort of he who knows me fully. In one of our final conversations my grandmother asked me to save her a seat on the plane as I venture to Africa. It overwhelmed me that even in her sickness, she remembered my dreams and communicated her desire to be with me through my time away. I am overjoyed her wish will be granted. I am more than thankful that I was able to fly to West Virginia to see her and to be with her in some of her final days. I am thankful for the influence of both of my grandmothers and I know they will never be far from my heart. It is an honor to carry them with me there. And though the tears are still falling since I received the news this morning about Grandma Patsy's passing, a smile forms in the midst of the tears, for I know she is dancing with the King of Kings and resting in his house. And someday I will meet her there. BUT until then...... I will save a seat on the plane...............
Rest with Him grandma...I love you

2 comments:
Mica,
That picture of your mom with your grandma is more precious than words! I grieve with you in your loss -- but rejoice that you can take comfort in the promise that your grandma is safe in God's hands now and that you will see her again. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with her. I'm praying for you and your family -- I'm sure the holidays will be rough this year. I can't wait to talk with you when I'm home for Christmas because each time I talk with you I am so encouraged and inspired. Love ya.
- Kelly
Hey! Praying for you friend - remember stay optimistic and you will do great!
How do you put Awesome Folks on your page and are able to link to other people?
Post a Comment