Hey All!!! I am here and loving it. To name a few of the beginning adventures ahem...
1) I am learning how to cook from scratch.....yes I know your jaws are dropping, but hey if you are lucky I will make you something when you come visit : )
2) I have already been lost several times....and several more just in my mind...luckily these people are kind and amazingly helpful.
3) I have mades some amazing National friends here who I am so excited to share with.
4) I have already been locked out of my house and climbed through via a stick ladder (ladder pictured below....ha ha

5) I have participated in the Timkut celebration....and realized it is possible to fit thousands of people on a dirt hill...the awesome dances were amazing....one pictured below...

6) I have realized even LA driving is way more than functional compared to these roads.....

The Father has really been providing in amazing ways since I have been here. He has been so faithful in preparing my home here for me and preparing the hearts of my new friends. Although it is a tough environment your good thoughts and love can be felt from miles and miles away. It has made all the difference. The poverty here is beyond belief. Even here int he city the looks can be deceptive. Few people work most work as beggars and live a life none of us could ever imagine. Please continue with your kind thoughts and encouraging words. And please send your requests to the father on the behalf of my new friends. Ask that they would not know darkness any longer. Thank you my friends and partners. You may e-mail me at mica_mirides@yahoo .com ..... I would love to hear from you!!! I can also send you my address here if you e-mail. I hope and request daily that your lives are so full of love and blessings....more than you could ever hope for......Love you, Mica Lynn
ps here are some more pictures:
the minibus experience
our shower....I know appealing... : )Love you all and can not wait to hear from you!!!



1 comment:
Wow! Love the pictures . . . keep them coming. It's good to see where you are. My thoughts go up for you daily!!!
- Kelly
Post a Comment